SCHOOL OFFICE HOURS: 8:35 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
STUDENT HOURS: 9:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Bus service is available to all children. Each student should learn his bus number and the driver’s name. All students are under the supervision of the bus driver and must obey bus rules at all times. For a complete list of Bus Rules and Safety, please see the student handbook. Students may also be brought and picked up from school in the front loop.
**Please note, students will follow their normal procedure unless the teacher has written consent or has contacted the office by 10:00 a.m. for bus changes or prior to 3:00 p.m. for Cardinal Car Riders.
- Any request for afternoon bus changes requires a written note to the teacher.
- No call-ins for afternoon bus changes will be accepted after 10:00.
**Students will not be permitted to ride a bus other than their regular bus without a Bus Pass. Certain buses may not allow ANY passes to ride if they are carrying full loads.
CARDINAL CAR RIDERS (PARENT DROP OFF AND PICK UP):
- Regular and occasional car riders should fill out the Cardinal Car Rider form.
- Cardinal Car Riders will be dismissed from the cafeteria at 3:30 p.m.
- Arrive to pick up your child between 3:00 p.m. and 3:45 p.m. When the line is long, DO NOT BLOCK THE BUS LOOP!
- Parents are asked to pull into the traffic loop with the Cardinal Car Rider sign displayed in the passenger side day window, stay in the car and your child will be called from the cafeteria.
- Be cautious and aware of pedestrians.
EARLY DISMISSAL (leaving prior to end of school day at 3:30)
If you know ahead of time that you will need your child dismissed prior to the 3:30 dismissal time.
- Notify the school/teacher as early as possible in the day but no later than 3:00 PM;
- Arrive PRIOR to 3:15 PM to sign in and have your student sent to office from classroom;
- Please depart as quickly and as safely as possible to avoid congestion with the 3:30 release;
- Remember that an accumulation of early departures and late arrivals count towards your student’s attendance record. Each incident of 3 departures and/or late arrivals is counted as an absence by School Board policy.
If you arrive AFTER 3:15 we have started our official dismissal process, monitoring and “sorting” students into bus rider/car rider/day care van/parent pick up groups. For safety reasons, we cannot call into classrooms to interrupt the teacher’s attention to making sure each and every child is where they need to be. Parents who come in will be asked to wait until the dismissal is completed and then those students will be released to you. This could take until 3:45 to clear the traffic from the traffic loop.
HOW CAN I KEEP UP WITH MY CHILD'S GRADES?
All parents have the ability to view their child's current academic progress by using Parent Portal. If you already have a Parent Portal account, you may access your account by logging in here. If you do not have an account, or you are not sure how to use Parent Portal, please use our Tyler SIS brochure below. You may also use Parent Portal to email you child's teacher, check attendance records, and other important functions.
Tyler SIS North Brochure
WHAT GRADING SCALE DOES PRINCE GEORGE COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS USE?
In Kindergarten the symbols S, P and U are used:
- S – Indicates Satisfactory Work
- P – Indicates Progressing
- U – Indicates Unsatisfactory Work
In Grades 1-2 the symbols S and U are used for Science and Social Studies:
- S-Satisfactory Progress
- U-Unsatisfactory Progress
The grading scale for all Prince George County schools is as follows for Grades 3-5:
- F-Below 60
- I-Incomplete (Inc.) is placed on report cards only to indicate incomplete work due to excused absences. It is replaced with a letter grade upon completion of work.
IS THERE AN EASY WAY TO MANAGE MY CHILD'S ACCOUNT?
Yes! Parents may easily load money onto their child's lunch account by using My School Bucks, along with other simple ways to pre-load money onto the lunch account. Please refer to Prince George Food & Nutrition Services webpage for more information. A link to these pages can be found in the Parents menu in the navigation row at the top of the page.