The school division's Pre-K program is provided in cooperation with county agencies and supported by a Virginia General Assembly grant to provide quality preschool programs for four-year-old children not served by other programs. Outlined in state legislation, a child/family must meet at least one of the four criteria to be considered for admittance into the program or meet certain local conditions.
- A family's income is at or below 200% of federal poverty guidelines
- In cases of children with special needs or disabilities, a family's income is below 350% of federal poverty guidelines
- Experiencing homelessness
- A child's parents/guardians did not graduate from high school
Students must be four years old on or before September 30, 2022.
Applications are available at the following locations for pick-up by families:
- L.L. Beazley Elementary (13400 Courthouse Road)
- David A. Harrison Elementary (12900 East Quaker Road)
- North Elementary (11106 Old Stage Road)
- South Elementary (13400 Prince George Drive)
- W.A. Walton Elementary (4101 Courthouse Road)
- Prince George School Board Office (6410 Courts Drive)
- Prince George Health Department & Prince George Department of Social Services (6450 Courts Drive)
Applications can also be downloaded on the school division's website by visiting https://www.pgs.k12.va.us/preschool/.
An application with proof of household income must be submitted to the Prince George School Board Office for the child to be considered for enrollment. Acceptable forms of proof of household income include:
- Form W-2
- Leave & Earnings Statement (LES)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Statement
- Tax Returns
- Pay Stubs
Completed applications with included proof of income can be turned in at the Prince George School Board Office at 6410 Courts Drive or submitted digitally to [email protected]
Those with questions can call the Prince George School Board Office at 804-733-2700.